Monday 29 March 2010

Meet our Members ~ Debie Lyons of Piskies and Poppets



Handcrafted Dolls and Accessories by Debie Lyons – Doll Artist, sculptor and miniaturist.


I have been interested making and creating ever since I can remember. After trying out all sorts of art and crafts I decided to have a go at working with polymer clay. So, a few years ago I brought a block of polymer clay for making dolls, I had a go with it and hated using it. It stayed in a drawer for a long time, then, one day when I was bored so I decided to try and have another go. After hours of practice, trial and error I finally made a little fantasy head and I haven’t looked back since.

Initially I made lots of little fairies and elves not even realising that I was making miniatures. It wasn’t until I joined my first group that I realised that I was. I then discovered 1/12th and 1/24th scale and found that I preferred working in these scales and continue to do so.

I am completely self-taught and an avid experimentalist. All of my dolls/figures are handcrafted and hand-sculpted; I do not use moulds. All of my work is made to a high standard and it is always unique.

Although I make lots of different types and styles of doll and accessories I often find myself drawn to witches, wizards and settings including them. However, I still do, from time to time make the occasional art and fantasy piece.


I prefer to sell my dolls and accessories on -line they can be found on ebay, seller id - huffy2141 and I also have an Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/Debie123

As well as AIM, I am also a member of CDHM and the British Polymer Clay Guild.

My website is http://www.piskiesandpoppets.com/   I am also a blogger, this is where I post news about my work and sometimes tips/techniques and methods of working,

http://piskies-and-poppets.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions or queries please email me, hufflepuffed1048@aol.com

1 comment: