Thursday 11 March 2010

Meet our Members ~ Julie Campbell


Julie is another member of Editorial Team 
BELLABELLE DOLLS

Handcrafted miniature 1/12th scale dolls by Julie Campbell. I have been delighted by all things miniature for as long as I can remember and have always been very creative. When I put together my first dolls house kit I became hooked on the hobby and loved to make things to go inside my dolls house. So when I couldn’t find a doll I liked to live in the house, it seemed only natural to make one myself. I was so thrilled when I discovered polymer clay and soon made my first doll -- a strange looking baby whom I thought was absolutely beautiful!
SALES AND CONTACT DETAILS

My dolls are available via my website, through Ebay , Etsy and fairs. I exhibit regularly at Miniatura, Scottish Miniatura, Kensington Festival and Pudsey fair in Leeds.. I am always happy to accept commissions. Just contact me to discuss your ideas for a doll and I can make them a reality.
Keep up to date with my news and see new dolls at my blog

www.bellabelledolls.blogspot.com

A self - taught artist I learned from my mistakes! Each doll was better than the last and soon friends were encouraging me to sell my little characters. I sold my first doll on Ebay and was thrilled at the response. Now I make 1/12th scale character dolls and one of a kind fantasy sculptures and fairies.

Each doll is unique and created without moulds and I aim for as much realism as possible with very detailed features. I do take great care painting the dolls and the large expressive eyes have become my trademark. The clothing is hand sewn and I can create a doll from any period. I love to work from photographs to make portrait dolls. Most of the dolls are fully poseable, but I also create fully sculpted babies and fantasy dolls complete with settings.


I am proud to be an Artisan member of I.G.M.A. and am also a member of the British Toymakers Guild



No comments:

Post a Comment