Thursday 22 July 2010

Meet our Members - Mels Miniatures

Mels Miniatures
by Melanie Navarro
My name is Melanie and I actually stumbled into miniatures by mere accident. Seven years ago I was asked what I wanted for Christmas. Jokingly, I said a dollhouse. Then on Christmas Day, under the tree, there it was, A DOLLHOUSE KIT! (The Lily) I had no intention of using it and so I stored it in the back of my closet. Then about 4 years ago, during some rough patches in my life, I need something to take my mind off of my personal issues and so I started spring cleaning my closet and there it was. The forgotten dollhouse. I decided to pull it out and started building it. As I started collecting accessories and food for my dollhouse I realized I wasn't too fond of the "plastic" look of the mass produced mini food, so I started to make my own and the rest my friends is MINI HISTORY.


I'm now a diehard miniature addict and have even started my own website where people can purchase and enjoy my mini creations. I still enjoy collecting, but most of all, I LOVE making and baking 1:12 scale food as well as the occasional accessories. I'm always looking for new ideas and always enjoy a challenge, so I welcome all custom orders.

CONTACT INFO:

No comments:

Post a Comment